Monday, October 4, 2010

{Week 40}~ Missing

I try to put into words the Grandma that she was to me.
It is so hard because I am not the best writer, and really you can't imagine how wonderful she was unless you knew her.
She was Grandma, to me & everyone else that ever met her.
She would take in kids from everywhere and anywhere & care for them as if they were her own.
Every memory I have of her brings me pure joy.
Sunday morning pancakes at her house, she would make everything from scratch, the buttermilk pancakes, the syrup, and all of us would cram into her house & you could see the happiness all over her face.
Her love for babies, I will never forget when we walked over to tell her we were pregnant with Alexee, her whole face lit up.... she looked over at us & said, "You know a baby just rights the world."
I am so so happy all of my kids were able to meet her.
She would get down on the ground & play trucks, and farm animals, and love them & feed them. The entire time her face was full of love and happiness.
Her family was everything.
Nothing else mattered.
I am so glad we had her, but it hurts so much that she is no longer with us.
Grief is funny, one moment I think I'm okay & then in an instant it can knock the wind out of me & hurt so bad it's hard to breathe.
I miss you Grandma......today and everyday.
We said goodbye to you today, it is so unfair. You always said don't stand at your graveside & cry, but we were, and wouldn't you know it the clouds & thunder rolled in, the rain was going to follow, so we had to cut it short due to a storm....was that you?
I know you are looking down on us because I find pennies everywhere, I love you.xoxo

5 comments:

  1. ::hugs:: Perfect words for our wonderful Grandma. We will always have such fun and funny memories of Grandma to help us through the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful words Kristy. She sounds like such an amazing woman. ((Hugs)) to you my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture Kristy! Hugs and Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was beautiful, inside and out.

    Love ya and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma Bea was such a great example of love. She always had a smile on her face. She will be missed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete